It's a party! With prizes! And music and dancing and motorcycles! Okay, maybe not the dancing, but that's up to you. Join me in South San Francisco at Moto Shop - a non-denominational motorcycle gathering and DIY fix-it place that opened not too long ago that is rapidly becoming very popular with everyone here in the SF Bay Area. Women, and the men who love us, whether you ride motorcycles (pillion, okay!), scooters, trikes, or sidecar rigs. 4pm to 7pm at Moto Shop. And if you can, join the daytime ride. Click the pic to see updated info on our Facebook page. (More prizes! More fun!) And there's even more info below.
Want to ride all day party in the early evening? Join Aleks Grippo, co-owner of Moto Shop for a SF/Marin/Sonoma ride. Get more info on their Events page.
Women from all over the San Francisco Bay Area are welcome to join in no matter what they ride (motorcycles, scooters, trikes, sidecars). Local businesses providing prizes are MAD Maps, BMW Motorcycles of San Francisco, SF Moto, Scuderia West, City Bike, Infineon Raceway, and more sponsors to come.
The event will be held between 4pm and 7pm at Moto Shop, a new 4000 square-foot do-it-yourself shop where you can work on your own motorcycle or scooter, or take a class and learn how to do it yourself.
RAFFLE PRIZES INCLUDE
- Event tickets and lodging for 2 for the first annual Lake Tahoe Adventure Motorcycle Ride and Rendezvous August 23-26.
- Four spectator passes and two "run-what-you-brung" passes for the International Motorcycle Speed Trials by BUB on the Bonneville Salt Flats August 29 to Sept 2.
- BMW Motorcycles of San Francisco: KS40 ALLOY PANNIER LINER-BAG: fits any capacity Touratech-ZEGA, BMW or Metal allow panniers.
- Gift cards and merchandise from SF Moto Shop, Scuderia West, Dainese D-Store
- T-shirts and subscriptions to San Francisco's City Bike magazine.
- Gorgeous canvas map packs and Get Out of Town maps for the first 20 women from MAD Maps.
- Books from local rider/writers Carla King and Birgit Soyka.
The day's theme is “JUST RIDE!” and women motorcyclists everywhere have planned events, rides, and how they'll personally spend the day. Wherever San Francisco Bay Area Women are riding, they're gathering at the end of the day to meet and celebrate, and motorcycle-related industries are making it even more fun by providing prizes.
The event is organized by Joanne Donn, founder of GearChic, Aleks Grippo, co-owner of Moto Shop, and Carla King, author of the Motorcycle Misadventures series of books and online dispatches from the road. Contact us and let us know how you want to participate.
International Female Ride Day was founded by Vicki Gray of MOTORESS in 2007 to bring awareness of the numbers of women who ride, to unify women in motorcycling, no matter what they ride, and to encourage other women to adopt the sport. Women from around the world participate in this globally-synchronized day, including women in Australia, Greece, Russia, India, Hungary, and beyond.
Friday, May 4th 2012
4pm to 7pm
Moto Shop in South San Francisco
325 South Maple Ave #20 South San Francisco
It doesn't matter what you ride, or who you ride with, just ride!